- Support those activities of academic libraries in the area of information education that would contribute to improve the level of information literacy not only among students, but in terms of the whole community.
- Provide a background and support for those libraries that are starting with information education and to help them to design their instruction program.
- Share experiences in designing, implementing and practicing information education in all its formats (library tours, freshmen introductory seminars, workshops, courses, tutorials etc. – in both face to face and online versions).
- Contribute to the implementation of information education in various formats into the curriculum and provide authority and expertise to support libraries in negotiating with universities’ administrators.
- Organize cooperation in designing online tutorials that will serve not only as a learning tool for patrons but also as a resource of inspiration and model example for other libraries.
- Provide and update on regular basis an overview of theoretical issues related to the topic of information literacy and information education as well as introduce best practices in information education in the Czech Republic and abroad to Czech academic librarian community.
More information about activities – see Information Education and Information Literacy Working Group